Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Katy Tells All...

I saw this on Nanook and Pookas blog. They are so cute, post lots of adorable photos of themselves, and write very entertaining stories about their lives. This Newf house loves them! Today we are hiding out from the 100 degree weather waiting for the fireworks excitement to start and decided to try our paws at this interview of Katy.

1. Your age?
1 year and 4 months. I was born March 18th, 2006. That makes me just about 2 weeks older than Nanook.

2. Your age when came to live with your people?
14 weeks. That's actually maybe a little old for a newf puppy to join a new family. I was already attached to me birth family and didn't really want to leave the mountain farm I was raised on. They had a pond and I moved to a desert valley in the summertime. I had a lot of adjusting to do! But now I really love my family and want to be with them all of the time. I am still trying to negotiate a pond for the backyard though.

3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now?
It's that beautiful mint green Coach collar you can see in that picture of me being bad. A few weeks ago I got this hair brained idea to stand up to people nose to nose. It was fun while it lasted. Am I really that big?

4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with?
My grandpa Steve. He gives the best belly rubs! That's us (below) a year ago today on my first trip away from home.

5. How much do you weigh?
I haven't weighed in for a while and I'm still filling out. I'd guess around 110 pounds.

6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up?
Well... I've chewed a lot of things I'm not supposed to like the nob on the expensive washer, three remotes, and my mom's favorite sandals, but my biggest chewing accomplishment was my mom's video iPod. It was only a few weeks old, but I didn't completely chew it up! Sure, there are teeth marks all over it and the screen is scratched up, but it still plays!

7. Do you like other Dogs?
Oh yes I do! Especially the BIG ones. I love other newfies the most!

8. Who is your best non-human friend?
My brother Max.

My best wanna-be friends are Sasha, another newfy who lives in town, and Salome, my English Mastiff cousin in CA. She's a big beautiful sweetheart like me.


I am sure we would be best friends if we lived in the same town.

9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls?
I go absolutely bananas over squeaky toys! My favorite squeaky toy is a flip flop my aunty Candice gave me but I also have a pheasant, a lobster, and a starman baby girl. I would like to have many, many more squeaky toys!!!

10. Do you like to be brushed?
Like Nanook, I don't really have a choice. I really don't like having my ears brushed out but my mom swears I look way more presentable when they are. I like my dad's technique better. He starts with my belly and always gives me cookies. I LOVE being blow-dried on the COOL breeze setting.

11. Peanut Butter or Cheese?
Peanut butter!!!!

12. Do your people cut your toenails?
Yes. My dad trims my nails. That's another thing I don't have a choice about. I have never once had my quick cut but I still try and jerk my paws away sometimes. I hate to admit it, but it TICKLES.

13. Any formal education?
I got home schooled.

14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny?
I am a couch potato but I zip around like a maniac too. I run this high speed circuit around the house when I get really excited. Today I'm vegging out on the couch!

15. Five nicknames your people call you.
Baronness von Roughenhausen, Her Royal Newfssance, Kid, Katy Bear, Katydid

16. What is your best trick?
Swatting my older little brother over the head when he refuses to sit when we're asked. He's a scofflaw. Just look at him (below) in the sheet he destroyed.

17. Do you like kitties?
I don't know. I've never met a kittie. My people call me Katy Kitty sometimes. I like to lay on my back and bat my toys around in the air with my paws. I think I'd like kitties but not cats. I met a cat once on a walk and I just wanted to say hi but the cat did not not not like me. Since when do we make friends by swatting them on the nose?! I would never do that! [Paws crossed behind her back].

18. What did you have for breakfast?
This morning I had some Iambs large breed adult kibble, carob chips, peanut butter, 5 ice cubes, and a munchy snack.

19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? If so, what?
I would be a very good hunter, especially in snow. I have perfected the stalk, the pounce, and then the shake to death with ALL of my toys. I've killed some towels, but never a living thing.

20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.?
It happened after I chewed up the remote and my mom couldn't find one of the batteries. She thought I might have swallowed it. I got x-rayed - no batteries! I am way smarter than she gives me credit for.

21. Where do you sleep at night?
On the dining room floor where it's cool. I have a view of the whole house from there so I can protect everyone at the slightest sign of trouble. After my dad leaves for work in the morning I make a big show of flopping down next to the bed where my mom sleeps. I make sure the bed moves when I do this so she wakes up and gives me breakfast. Lately I've been sleeping in the bathtub. When will the fireworks stop? This is madness!

22. Do you like to swim?
Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE LOVEY LOVE SWIM. LOVE IT. Is that clear?

23. Can you make puppies?
Not any more. That makes two of us ladies who can't make them. If we want puppies we have to get outside help :-(

24. Your favorite place to visit?
Anywhere! I love going for rides. Just say the word and I am ready at the back door. I'll race you to the car and wrestle you down to the ground if you don't let me get in first.

25. Do you give kisses?
Yes, BIG SLOPPY ones. Where would you like yours?

4 comments:

Stormy The Sheltie said...

Hey Katy!! I posted my answers to your questions on my blog. Check 'em out!
Bark! Bark!

Alasdair said...

Awww, she such a good dog. Our big kid :)

Nessa Happens said...

Hi Katy! Thanks for the shoutout! Lotsa Licks!

Nanook (and Pooka. I guess.)

PG said...

Very cute! Such an insightful dog :)