Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Deadline 1: MET!

That's right, I met the deadline I set for myself for completing the analyses for study one and writing up the results with time to spare! I even sent my draft to my dissertation advisor 12 hours ahead of schedule.

Not only did I meet my deadline, but I did it even though I did other things today. I took breaks. I practiced healthy eating habits. I wasn't a jerk to my family in the process (at least I don't think). I ate lunch with my husband at the dining room table rather than over my laptop. I read blogs. I commented on blogs. I talked to people on the phone. And, I have time to spare! Oh, and I did laundry! And watered the plants! And made a follow up appointment with my surgeon!

I didn't think I would have enough time to go over the comments my advisor gave me on my previous draft, but I did and have already made the recommended changes. I also didn't think I'd have enough time to make tables of my data but I made four of them, and they are very pretty and well-organized.

My reward for meeting my goal is to watch Lost tonight and get a pedicure. I love pedicures and haven't had one in a while so this was great incentive. I think I'll splurge and get a French manicure on my toes.

I have more than three hours to go before Lost comes on, which means I can also easily watch the episode of Heroes I missed Monday night. Or, I can use this head of steam to start work on study two.

But - the BEST part?

ALL of my predictions were validated with significance coming out of the wazoooooo! Yahoo. That will make the write up that much easier.

1 comment:

Beth Young said...

Fantastic news! Keep up the good work.