Monday, September 24, 2007

Clever Art Made From Recycled Things

A sampling of killer art - all made from recycled objects - that I found on etsy.com:




From GeekGear, to the right, a working desk clock made from an old computer circuit board and floppy disc. Sweet. And a steal at under 30 dollars. GeekGear also makes nifty miniature notebooks out of floppy discs.








To the left from KillTaupe, a picture frame made from recycled cans of Squirt soda - perfect to show off the little squirts in your life.









From retrograndma, below, a purse made from a research methods textbook. What a clever idea!





Need an environmentally friendly alternative for a school notebook? Below, check out the notebooks ivylanedesigns makes from cereal and other packaged food boxes.






To the right, Dudley the camera dog, from Artsy.

This is exactly the kind of art that adorned a restaurant called the Friendly Toast in Portsmouth, NH. Seeing these whimsical pups reminds of the ambiance of that place. The decor is really the reason to visit, unless of course you fancy greasy homefries.

****

And finally, below, an idea I wish I had thought of (because I certainly have lots of the raw materials hanging around) - envelopes made from old calendars.


These ones in particular are made by jessprkle from an old Gorilla Foundation calendar.

3 comments:

SquirrelGurl said...

That purse is SO COOL !!! I totally want to try to make one!! I feel cute christmas gifts for my friends coming on...

PG said...

Very cool recycled stuff. I have the Research Methods text book. I should start making purses out of stats. books.

A friend just sent me this link. It may be of interest to you.

Alasdair said...

I do, as it happens, occasionally have a hankering for greasy home fries. I think our former home state was a better place for breakfast than the one we're in now.

It's not as though our state has a cuisine to begin with. OK, OK, apples and onions. Those would be good in home fries, come to think of it.

I really like the notebooks. It gives me a wicked clever idea.