Monday, October 06, 2008

Trying something new with paper..

Because it's not planting season for annuals anymore and soon, not even for perennials, I thought it was high time to branch out into a new kind of card that isn't meant to be planted. I also have a stash of flowers I pressed but haven't done anything with yet as well as some mulberry paper. The card ended up being my largest ever - about 5 x 7 inches - which is also a great size for framing. I've got something similar in the works with leaves and grasses. I get tired making the same thing all of the time, and this area is fantastic for growing things, so there are a good variety of materials to work with. The only real limitation is imagination.

This card is now available for sale! You can see it here.

4 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

It's absolutely gorgeous. I hope you make more.

Laurie K said...

that is beautiful. Awesome!

Kim Caro said...

aw--- I rememebr trying to do this as a child...but never really knew how to do it LOL. i smashed but I don't think they got any further than that

Jo (ruby-jo) said...

Lovely card. I used to press flowers when I was little but I can't remember what I would use them for.