Monday, September 25, 2006

Looking Good!

I've got a lot of things to celebrate this morning - they are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things - but nevertheless comment worthy!

First off, the TSA finally lifted its assinine ban on toiletries and cosmetics. Given that I've got at least 4 plane flights scheduled in the next nine months (far more than usual!) AND I am proud to have never checked any luggage on any flight (see my clever packing advice for avoiding checked luggage here), I am really relieved that I don't have to buy a suitcase just so that I can check through three items.

Second, my data collection is going very well. I am so close to having all of the participants I need. In the last 9 days, I had seven more cells fill up and now I only need about 50 more men to participate. Whooo hooo! My research also got approved for use at Cal Poly so that should hopefully generate the responses I need to be done.

Finally, I bumped off part of my sewing project and am well on my way to being totally finished with it. My sweet Guy With Gills will soon here me say "Yes!!!" to his nearly daily querries about whether he can pack up and move the sewing machine off the dining room table. We've got guests coming this weekend (my ten year college reunion!) so that provides the extra motivation I need to finish it.

Oh yeah - one last thing - I have decided to give the two second authors guys a go thanks to all of your helpful comments. It is better to have pubs than none at all.

1 comment:

PG said...

I understand your dilemma but if it's between never publishing your work and publishing while giving credit to a 2nd author who wasn't very involved, I think publishing is the right choice. Plus, it's likely that the opportunity you're giving a 2nd author will come back around to you (perhaps in the form of future publication opportunities).