Thursday, September 07, 2006

Halti Collar For Puller Canines

On the advice of Daphne, I checked out the Halti collar she recommended for my Newfy, a dog - she is correct to point out - was bred to pull (drowning people to shore). Lately I have been having trouble reining her in when we walk her with our other dog. Reining him in has helped, but it is a pain in the already-injured shoulder for his walker to keep him that way, so... Perhaps the Halti is the way to go. The only thing I don't like about it is that it looks like a muzzle which certainly has the potential to scare people off. I don't want that to happen because she already tends to be wary of people. So, the way I see it, she could wear the Halti at night when we don't tend to run into anyone anyway. It is also the time we are most likely to walk the two little monsters together. Thanks Daphne for the great suggestion!

No comments: