It's a meme. It's an easy blog post. I have 2 hours of the LOST season finale to catch up on, not to mention work! So here's a snippet of my former life, and please by all means, do one on your blog too so I can get to know you better too, dear readers!
1. Did you date someone from your school? --- sort of
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? --- No way. But I did from my college.
3. Did you carpool to school? --- No, I walked there in the blistering cold on days when my dad wouldn't let me drive or my neighbor didn't take pity on me and give me a ride. The walk was uphill both ways, through 2 feet of snow and 50 mile per hour winds.
4. What kind of car did you have? --- I didn't get my own car until I went to grad school, but in high school I enjoyed the occasional use of a then brand spanking new Ford pickup truck.
5. What kind of car do you have now? --- Honda CR-V but I still miss my red Audi 90 quattro very, very much. It's just not practical when you have huge dogs! And the CR-V is never in the shop for repairs that cost an arm and a leg... actually more like two arms and a leg!
6. Its Friday night ... where are you? (then) --- at a football game in the fall, dances in the spring
7. It is Friday night ... where are you? (now) --- at home with Mr. Field Notes and the two newfies
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? --- senior year? I don't think I had time for a job, but maybe I worked at the shoe store for a while then. I did work at Dairy Queen early in high school until I was fired for insubordination or some such thing. Come to think of it, that's how my other high school job at a video rental place ended abruptly. Apparently if you question management practices, you lose your job — a lesson I still have not quite 'learned.'
9. What kind of job do you do now? --- One that pays well enough for the time I put into it but is generally a pride-swallowing bore of a job that I'd rather not have to do for much longer.
10. Were you a party animal? --- No.
11. Were you considered a flirt? --- Heh. No. I knew boys were nothing but trouble.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? --- No.
13. Were you a nerd? --- I still am!
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? --- I think I came awfully close one time as editor of my yearbook over a photo I thought we should not have to air brush. I was and still am an ardent advocate of free speech.
15. Can you sing the fight song? --- Not anymore, but I remember its tune is Anchor's Away.
16. Who was your favorite teacher? --- My biology teachers for sure.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? --- In the yearbook office. Even then I took lunch at my desk and worked.
18. What was your school mascot? --- Bison.
19. If you could go back and do it again, would you? --- Not a chance.
20. Did you have fun at prom? --- I hated it.
21. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? --- Every once in a while on Facebook.
22. Are you planning to go to your next reunion? If I live within driving distance at the time.
23. Were you a good student? Yes.
24. What did you like most about high school? I guess, being done with it.
25. Do you still talk to people from school? --- All the time on Facebook.