Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tell me your favorite book..


Someone asked me to tell them my favorite book. I have many, but tonight the answer I gave was Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice To All Creation.

It's written like a series of Dear Abby-style letters from sexually frustrated mammals, birds, and insects who ask "Dr. Tatiana" to explain some sexual oddity. For example, "Don't Wanna Be Butch in Botswana" writes, "I'm a spotted hyena, a girl. The only trouble is, I've got a large phallus. I can't help feeling that this is unladylike. What's wrong with me?"

The writer, Olivia Judson, is a talented PhD evolutionary biologist who conveys tremendous knowledge while writing at a level that is extremely graspable and freaking hilarious!

Used copies are the best $5 you'll ever spend on reading material.

She's got a TV show now too that has aired in the UK, Canada and Australia, but I guarantee you'll never see this one on American TV. It is over the top!



We'd much rather have our kids growing up on a steady diet of violence than sex and evolution.

No comments: